Dealing with arrays is a part of life for coders as they are almost every where in the code, so i thought that it would be the best topic to start my blog that deals with programming related topics.
Array Declaration in C#.net
as we now know how to intialise an array, now lets store some values into it
Storing values in array
The above code stores the values 1 to 10 in the array “Myarray”.
Ok enough of the basics, now lets go straight to Arrays with dynamic length
Creating arrays with dynamic length
- To start with declare an array of your choice with zero length (or any length), i am using an int array
- now when you are about to enter the values into increase the length of the array using Array.Resize method
- The syntax of the Array.Resize method is
- Array.Resize(ref Array_2_Resize, Length)
- Now pass the value to the Array as Myarray[Myarray.Length-1] = value;
Example: The following example demonstartes how to Increase the length of an array at runtime
One important thing to note here is that the Array.Resize wont actually resize the array, it will actually create a new array with the specified size and copies all the elements from the old array to the newly created array and then replaces the old array with the new array.
To read more on this, read the MSDN article